Hey there Storm Chasers! Welcome back to another week of fruit infusion goodness! Today’s fruit infusion is berry, berry nice! 😉 That’s right – we’re going all berries today!!! Below you will find 10 health benefits of each berry including 10% off your very own Teami Tumbler!!! 🙂 You’re welcome! Be sure to check out this healthy lifestyle company and their products at teamiblends.com. They have fabulous tumblers that supply all of your color savvy needs and also make it so easy to sip on the go! Enjoy this berrylicious combination and I’ll see you back here next time for another water infusion surprise!
[10 Health Benefits of Blackberries]
- May prevent & slow down cancer growth due to containing polyphenols (a class of antioxidants), which are known to fight against cancer and prevent some cell mutations that can lead to cancer development.
- Due to their high nutrient content, blackberries have been found to improve & maintain brain function in studies focused on motor skills and short-term memory retention.
- Incorporating blackberries into your diet can possibly regulate menstrual health, due to the presence of vitamin K. This can help in regulating hormone function as well as reducing painful cramps and excessive bleeding during heavy cycles.
- Inflammation Reducer, Infection Fighter, & Immunity Booster. Blackberries are excellent in combating inflammation, which is usually the root of many diseases. Due to the presence of antioxidants, blackberries can protect against stomach ulcers, fight oxidative stress, and reduce bacterial diseases, to name a few.
- The vitamin K in blackberries can serve as a powerful promoter of the cardiovascular system. This amazing vitamin can help stop the hardening of arteries and reduce inflammation in cells that line blood vessels.
- The vitamin C found in blackberries can promote healthy skin. It encourages collagen production, reduces dry skin, and may also prevent premature skin aging.
- This may surprise you, but a regular diet of blackberries can actually help support oral health. A 2013 study found that blackberry extract contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to combat some kinds of oral disease-causing bacteria. Though more study is needed to support this, researchers can suggest that gum disease and cavities can be reduced when this extract is used.
- High in Manganese, regular consumption of blackberries can help you metabolize carbohydrates, amino acids, and cholesterol. Manganese is also vital in bone development and a healthy immune system.
- Blackberries contain an abundant source of Vitamin K, which helps in blood clotting and bone metabolism. One cup of blackberries provides 1/3 of the daily recommended value (visit the Healthline link below for more nutritional facts).
- To prevent digestive problems like bloating and constipation, the high fiber content in blackberries can help promote regular bowel movements, create satiety, and nourish healthy gut bacteria.
[10 Health Benefits of Raspberries]
- Raspberries are known to boost heart health. Polyphenols in raspberries have been shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Raspberries contain phytonutrients, which can help increase your metabolism and help you manage your weight.
- If you have diabetes, raspberries are a great addition to your diet due to their low glycemic load. Since raspberries are low in sugar and high in fiber, they can help manage your diabetes, positively impacting blood sugar.
- The ellagic acid and anthocyanin found in raspberries have been shown in studies to possess properties that may combat tumor formation and cancer.
- Raspberries also contain polyphenols that provide anti-inflammatory properties to help alleviate symptoms of arthitris pain.
- Raspberries contain vitamin C and carotenoids that can fight aging. Adding these berries into your diet can reduce damage caused from high exposure to UV light and environmental pollutants like cigarette smoke.
- Keep eyes healthy with regular consumption of raspberries. They contain an antioxidant called zeaxanthin, which works to filter out harmful blue light rays and possibly protect eyes from macular degeneration damage.
- With a high fiber content, raspberries are a good source to help prevent constipation, promoting healthy digestion.
- As a result of encouraging regularity, the high fiber in raspberries can promote daily excretion of toxins, providing the body with a natural detoxification.
- Disease Prevention is another benefit of consuming raspberries. As dietary fiber increases, studies have shown that the immune system can regulate, resulting in a reduction of inflammation-caused diseases like cancer, obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
For detailed nutritional information and research about the health benefits for both of these amazing fruits, please visit the links below:
[Blackberry Health Research]
6 Amazing Health Benefits of Blackberries – Dr. Axe
Blackberries: Health Benefits & Nutrition Information – Healthline
[Raspberry Health Research]
Raspberry Nutrition Helps Prevent Heart Disease, Weight Gain + Even Cancer – Dr. Axe
Raspberries: Health Benefits, Nutritional Information – Medical News Today
Hello Storm Chasers! Today I would like to share a tasty fruit infusion that will not only make your mouth water, but will also make you look and feel great too! Below you will find 10 health benefits of each superfruit as well as a special treat from me to you – 10% off your very own Teami Tumbler!!! 🙂 Oooo yes!!! Be sure to check out this amazing company and their products at teamiblends.com. They have beautiful tumblers that are super stylish and make it so easy to take on the go! Enjoy sipping on this delicious fruit combination and I’ll see you back here next time for another water infusion surprise!
[10 Health Benefits of Blueberries]
- Combat aging by reversing damage caused by toxins and free radicals. They also help defend against dangerous pathogens.
- Boost brain power by protecting the brain from degeneration, neurotoxins, and oxidative stress.
- Fight cancer through their gallic acid-rich properties.
- Support digestion due to their natural source of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Promote heart health based upon some research that regular blueberry consumption can help prevent heart attacks as well as lower blood pressure.
- Benefit the skin due to containing resveratrol, which is proven to reduce damage from over-sun exposure.
- Aid in weight loss due to being low in calories, low on the glycemic index and high in fiber, which overall can help in losing weight!
- Can help fight against urinary tract infections by containing substances, like cranberries, that can prevent certain bacteria from binding to the wall of the urinary bladder.
- Can help reduce muscle damage after strenuous exercise, which may minimize soreness and reduction in muscle performance due to cellular level damage.
- Can have anti-diabetic effects based on research that suggests anthocyanins can be beneficial in insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.
[10 Health Benefits of Oranges]
- The Vitamin C in oranges has been found to boost immunity, promoting white blood cell production. As a result, this helps in strengthening the immune system to combat viruses and other pathogens.
- Once again, the Vitamin C contained in oranges is excellent in rejuvenating the skin. It helps in combating skin damage and if very effective in improving skin elasticity and wrinkle reduction.
- The pectin found in oranges has been shown to reduce cholesterol due to its ability to trap it and eliminate it from the body before the bloodstream can absorb it.
- Sources have reported oranges have a healthy effect on the heart due to containing flavonoids that can protect against heart disease.
- A study published in the American Journal of Nutrition reported that the high content of Vitamin C helps reduce joint inflammation and can protect against rheumatoid arthritis.
- Oranges contain citric acid and citrates, which sources have reported can help in preventing kidney stones.
- The high content of fiber and Vitamin C both help aid in weight loss, due to their ability to curb hunger and burn fat through the conversion of glucose into usable energy.
- Oranges contain the compounds, hesperidin and naringenin, that fight free radicals and may help in preventing certain types cancer.
- Oranges can keep eyes healthy due to being rich in beta-carotene and carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, all that have been shown to protect against chronic eye diseases.
- Research shows that oranges can fight against aging due to Vitamin C that is an essential antioxidant in preventing premature skin aging.
For detailed nutritional information and research about the health benefits for both of these amazing fruits, please check out the links below:
[Blueberry Health Research]
10 Proven Health Benefits of Blueberries – Authority Nutrition
7 Health Benefits of Blueberries – Dr. Axe
Blueberries and Your Health – United States Department of Agriculture
[Oranges Health Research]
Oranges 101: Nutrition Fact and Health Benefits – Authority Nutrition
Oranges: Health Benefits, Nutritional Information – Medical News Today
Top 10 Health Benefits of Oranges – Top 10 Home Remedies
Want to add a little sparkle to your water this summer? Try this simple & delicious combination tasted & approved by yours truly! 😉
As an added bonus, here are 10 health benefits for each ingredient:
[ 10 Health Benefits of Watermelon ]
- Boosts Immunity
- Improves Heart Health
- Relieves Muscle Soreness
- Prevents Kidney Stones
- Detoxifies the Body
- Can Help Fight Cancer
- Protects Skin Health
- Boosts Eye Health
- Can Help with Weight Loss
- Relieves Acid Reflux
[ 10 Health Benefits of Mint ]
- Helps with Nausea
- Improves Oral Health
- Can Help with Weight Loss
- Promotes Digestion
- Can Heighten Mental Alertness & Memory
- Can Calm Seasonal Allergies
- Relieves Aches & Pains (headaches/ muscle spasms)
- Soothes Skin Rashes
- Improves Acne Symptoms
- Combats Bad Breath
– ❤ –