- 5 Tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 4 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or canola)
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons water
- Step-by-step photos below.
- Using a large microwave safe mug, spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, mix the first 5 dry ingredients in the mug.
- After mixing well, make 3 depressions in dry ingredients.
- Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third depression. Pour water over top. Mix well until smooth using a fork.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for *2 minutes, uncovered.
- Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Be sure not to overcook!
- Top with whatever you like – powdered sugar, frosting, chocolate chips, caramel or whipped cream! Enjoy hot or cold!
- Each microwave cooks differently — adjust time accordingly! One person made the cake in 1 minute 40 seconds, and another in 1 minute 20 seconds. If you overcook the cake, it may ruin it. Be sure to watch as it bakes.
- If you want a neater mug cake, mix the cake batter in a small bowl, then pour the batter in the mug.
- You can add mini chocolate chips to the batter for a super rich chocolate cake…or do what I did, throw some on top after you make it, while it’s still warm! Mmm, mmm good!