- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3-ounce) pkg. strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup chopped fresh OR frozen* strawberries (*thawed )
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 5 limes, halved, pulp scooped out & discarded, AND rind halves reserved
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or basil seeds
- Slice the fruit cleanly in half lengthwise (through the axis).
- Carefully remove the pulp while keeping the half rind fully intact.
- Ensure that the rinds are dry (you can use paper towels to blot them).
- Set each half rind upright in a muffin pan so you can fill it with Jello.
- Mix the water with the gelatin (just like you would to make jigglers).
- You’ll want the Jell-O a little firmer than the normal recipe as you have to slice it in half again.
- Make sure that the gelatin is well dissolved, and then pour into the fruit before it begins to set.
- Fill up as high as you can; the Jell-O will shrink a bit when cooling.
- Carefully transfer to the fridge and let set for about three hours, per box directions.
- When the Jello is set, place the fruit open-side down on a cutting board, hold it’s shape with one hand and carefully slice in half lengthwise again to form quarters.
- Be careful not to smash the fruit as you’ll want to keep the Jello intact (you may use a serrated knife).