Hey there Storm Chasers! Welcome back to another week of fruit infusion goodness! Today’s fruit infusion is berry, berry nice! 😉 That’s right – we’re going all berries today!!! Below you will find 10 health benefits of each berry including 10% off your very own Teami Tumbler!!! 🙂 You’re welcome! Be sure to check out this healthy lifestyle company and their products at teamiblends.com. They have fabulous tumblers that supply all of your color savvy needs and also make it so easy to sip on the go! Enjoy this berrylicious combination and I’ll see you back here next time for another water infusion surprise!
[10 Health Benefits of Blackberries]
- May prevent & slow down cancer growth due to containing polyphenols (a class of antioxidants), which are known to fight against cancer and prevent some cell mutations that can lead to cancer development.
- Due to their high nutrient content, blackberries have been found to improve & maintain brain function in studies focused on motor skills and short-term memory retention.
- Incorporating blackberries into your diet can possibly regulate menstrual health, due to the presence of vitamin K. This can help in regulating hormone function as well as reducing painful cramps and excessive bleeding during heavy cycles.
- Inflammation Reducer, Infection Fighter, & Immunity Booster. Blackberries are excellent in combating inflammation, which is usually the root of many diseases. Due to the presence of antioxidants, blackberries can protect against stomach ulcers, fight oxidative stress, and reduce bacterial diseases, to name a few.
- The vitamin K in blackberries can serve as a powerful promoter of the cardiovascular system. This amazing vitamin can help stop the hardening of arteries and reduce inflammation in cells that line blood vessels.
- The vitamin C found in blackberries can promote healthy skin. It encourages collagen production, reduces dry skin, and may also prevent premature skin aging.
- This may surprise you, but a regular diet of blackberries can actually help support oral health. A 2013 study found that blackberry extract contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to combat some kinds of oral disease-causing bacteria. Though more study is needed to support this, researchers can suggest that gum disease and cavities can be reduced when this extract is used.
- High in Manganese, regular consumption of blackberries can help you metabolize carbohydrates, amino acids, and cholesterol. Manganese is also vital in bone development and a healthy immune system.
- Blackberries contain an abundant source of Vitamin K, which helps in blood clotting and bone metabolism. One cup of blackberries provides 1/3 of the daily recommended value (visit the Healthline link below for more nutritional facts).
- To prevent digestive problems like bloating and constipation, the high fiber content in blackberries can help promote regular bowel movements, create satiety, and nourish healthy gut bacteria.
[10 Health Benefits of Raspberries]
- Raspberries are known to boost heart health. Polyphenols in raspberries have been shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Raspberries contain phytonutrients, which can help increase your metabolism and help you manage your weight.
- If you have diabetes, raspberries are a great addition to your diet due to their low glycemic load. Since raspberries are low in sugar and high in fiber, they can help manage your diabetes, positively impacting blood sugar.
- The ellagic acid and anthocyanin found in raspberries have been shown in studies to possess properties that may combat tumor formation and cancer.
- Raspberries also contain polyphenols that provide anti-inflammatory properties to help alleviate symptoms of arthitris pain.
- Raspberries contain vitamin C and carotenoids that can fight aging. Adding these berries into your diet can reduce damage caused from high exposure to UV light and environmental pollutants like cigarette smoke.
- Keep eyes healthy with regular consumption of raspberries. They contain an antioxidant called zeaxanthin, which works to filter out harmful blue light rays and possibly protect eyes from macular degeneration damage.
- With a high fiber content, raspberries are a good source to help prevent constipation, promoting healthy digestion.
- As a result of encouraging regularity, the high fiber in raspberries can promote daily excretion of toxins, providing the body with a natural detoxification.
- Disease Prevention is another benefit of consuming raspberries. As dietary fiber increases, studies have shown that the immune system can regulate, resulting in a reduction of inflammation-caused diseases like cancer, obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
For detailed nutritional information and research about the health benefits for both of these amazing fruits, please visit the links below:
[Blackberry Health Research]
6 Amazing Health Benefits of Blackberries – Dr. Axe
Blackberries: Health Benefits & Nutrition Information – Healthline
[Raspberry Health Research]
Raspberry Nutrition Helps Prevent Heart Disease, Weight Gain + Even Cancer – Dr. Axe
Raspberries: Health Benefits, Nutritional Information – Medical News Today