Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 45 mins
For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup raspberries-washed and well drained
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
For the streusel topping:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter-chilled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 or 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the filling: Mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Add eeg white end mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter: In a bow stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar on medium-low speed. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Spread the cream cheese filling on top. Place raspberries onto cream cheese filling.
- To make the topping: Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.( Make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs)
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of springform pan.
- Store in the fridge.